Friday, April 1, 2011

Laser Tag & Education

Went out with the cohortees to play laser tag, and then to the bar, to celebrate the end of our two semesters together as a group, and Jes' upcoming birthday.

It's been a wild ride - the post-degree education program. Not since my New Media program starting back in 2003 have I entered an inclusive, laid-out program with a group of like-focused individuals. This time was actually better than in 2003: mid-to-late-twenty-somethings are less cliquey than late-teen-early-twenty-somethings. By the second semester I found that by I could just walk up and join any group of my cohortees with immediate acceptance. It didn't matter who it was, it was like we were all friends.

Laser tag, too, was awesome. Hadn't done it since I was about 14, but not a lot has changed, LOL. The place hasn't been updated since likely it was first created, complete with outdated and underused coin-operated arcade games, checkerboard floors, black lights and spraypainted walls. OH, 1990's. Laser tag is ultimately a lot of fun, though - plus it's a good workout; we were all sweaty from running and ducking around after the first of two 15-minute matches. Definitely going to have to go back for my next birthday party. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment