Friday, April 29, 2011

3/5, and settling in.

Made my first major mistake today in-practicum. I was late. Actually - I wasn't, I walked into the room about 30 seconds before the bell. Unfortunately, since the class at that time is a split one that I share with my mentor teacher, and we 'fight' over the front of the room, she had already begun her half of the class' lesson - I only needed about one minute to digitally distribute my students' quiz to them - but instead I (and they) had to wait 25 minutes. There went half my lesson.

Lesson learned: show up early. Easier said than done for a not-morning-person.

Honestly, though, if that's the biggest mistake I've made thus far things are going pretty darn well. And a bonus: I'm 3/5 done my practicum, and things are only getting easier. It didn't hurt that, of my two classes, one had almost entirely work periods this last week. Though somehow I still manage to procrastinate enough to limit myself less than 6 hours of sleep a night (and that's being generous).

The next few weeks should fly by. If only then time slowed down for my two weeks of long-overdue vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment