Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bath.

Not 30 minutes ago I stepped out of my first bath in over a decade. I've bathed, mind you, but haven't had an actual bath since I was little - maybe once when I was in Jr. High School, but at that point my parents' avocado-green, size-small, 1970's bathtub didn't cut it anymore. Parents just finished a reno of the main bathroom, including a heated floor and a new, bigger tub, and I thought I'd give it a whirl. ... Pun intended.

Bath: highly recommended.

I'm a big guy, so, even with the larger tub I could've used more room, but it was calming, and felt nice. Last summer - last late-August to be precise, I used a hot tub for the first time in several years, and fell in love with it. When I have a career, hopefully in teaching, and I bite the bullet and sign a mortgage on my own place, I'm getting a hot tub. They're simply the most relaxing thing possible to do before bed. Having a bath is a similar but somewhat distant second; relaxing and feels great, but you lose the outdoor aspect, the ability to share the experience with somewhat else, it cools off after 30 minutes, and it's cramped, but still the best thing I've done for myself all week. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment