Monday, April 25, 2011

Javascript

Today I have to bite the bullet and learn javascript. Be forewarned, this post is going to be majorly nerdy.

It's amazing how much I'm learning during practicum - especially since I don't get to decide broadly what I'm going to be teaching, and what I just happen to be teaching during my practicum is a lot of programming: not my strong points.

It doesn't help, or, being more positive, it doesn't hurt that you need to know something really really well in order to teach it. In June I resume my summer managerial role, and part of it is to create an entirely new website - these last few weeks of heavy learning and teaching are going to vastly help.

I'd even suggest, that if you want to know something really well, try teaching it to someone. You'll either fail miserably, or gain much from the experience and questions you'll face when the person you're teaching it to tries to fully understand it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment