Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 2: Done

Again a positive review of my teaching: this time from the teacher who's classes I'm teaching. Completely positive. Neither of my pro-teacher observers have much criticism to give forth, and it's frustrating. I don't think I'm that good - really. I'm not trying to be vain - I just don't see myself as a successful 'adult-acting' teacher. But the more I talk with my supervisor/supervising teachers, the more I realize that maybe I'm just generally way too hard on myself professionally, an too hard on myself personally. I see so many flaws in myself - especially in the way I come off to other people - and maybe that's the truth, or maybe it's completely wrong, but more to the point, more than either point, is that it's probably more than anything a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more I think I'm less than I am - or, the more I think I'm crap (in any area in life) - the more likely it is I will be.

Some very over-arching life-lessons here. Thanks, practicum. 2/5 weeks = done. Long weekend. Sleeeeeeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment