Saturday, April 2, 2011

Possibilities.

First day of real freedom from the semester, and I feel, as I always do at end-of-semester time, that the world is full of possibilities; The world is mine to do in it as I will!

.. aand then I sleep in 'til noon.

I can only imagine that this feeling is akin to the experience of getting out of prison: re-discovering freedom - freedom of time, and from responsibilities. The thing that's most weighting about school is that, during the semester, you're almost never really free. Even if you can spend a night out with your friends or a day at the beach or shopping or what-have-you, there's almost always that underlying, nagging voice in the back of your head and a weight on your shoulders of all the assignments you have due in the near future, and the resulting late-nighters-in-the-library you'll be spending.

Today, thankfully, that feeling was gone - sort of. Temporarily. Like this time last year, I don't get much of a break before madness starts again: 5-week practicum. After that, a sunny vacation is LONG overdue.

It's on days like this when thoughts like this come to mind: "Fuck it, I COULD just play Super Mario right now, couldn't I?!" ... that pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment