Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Note about Thumbs...the digital kind.

Fiasco at work over the last few days: shuffling around a bunch of laptops to meet the needs of various simultaneous computer camps, my coworker moved a bunch of kids' work to a USB thumb drive, and gave it to me to transfer to new/different laptops for kids in my camps to use.

The fiasco: I lost the USB drive, and my coworker didn't just copy the work from the original laptops, he cut and paste it all to this thumb drive, erasing the original work from the kids' original laptops, meaning the only copy, which was on the USB drive, was now lost.

So Wednesday's camp contained a bunch (8) of very confused and slightly upset kids: they weren't able to work on their projects, because of mostly my mistake.

I'd already done a considerable amount of searching for the damn thing, but today I totally scoured both my car and my bedroom even further: searched every cubic inch of the interior of my car (boy does it ever need a good cleaning!), and cleaned my room. The final result: the USB drive, which almost cost the boss $800 in camp refunds, was sitting under my dresser/pushed under my bed. I had actually already checked there before, but with all the debris, I'd missed it on first and second passes.

The benefit to me out of all of this: I now have a much cleaner room, and car. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment