Monday, January 10, 2011

TV Serii

Right now I'm in the dawn of watching the entire span of a television series, starting from complete scratch: How I Met Your Mother.

Not only is it an unbelievably cute and laugh-out-loud show, what's making the viewing experience all the better is the fact that I'll be watching, if I keep watching at a moderate pace, six complete seasons, commercial free, at any pace I desire.

Maybe it's my 21st-century-limited-attention-span, but I find shows, especially ones I get into, ruined by networks' lousy scheduling. High-budget dramas, like 24, House, and Lost, had between 14 and 24 episodes per season - but because the North American 'season' lasts somewhere in the range of September 'til May, those episodes get stretched thin, giving loyal followers 'breaks', sometimes spanning over a month without new episodes. And don't even get me started on commercials. Watching TV shows from the freedom of DVD-box-set, or, in my case, passed-along hard-drive collection, makes the experience of enjoying well-made shows all the more enjoyable and complete.

Thoroughly enjoying HIMYM [and on S02E13],
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment