Friday, January 28, 2011

Piers Morgan

I hate to say it, but I hardly miss Larry King. Piers Morgan was such a great and obvious choice, despite me never thinking of him as a candidate before I heard that he was the new CNN replacement.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, Larry King, who had being doing his interview show for CNN for decades, retired a few weeks ago, and, after a week or two of his absence, CNN announced that Piers Morgan, British actor and journalist, would be filling his place.

Jolly'o, I say. Piers Morgan is an excellent choice. Maybe it's just the fact that most British accents seem to make people sound smarter to me, but he seems like the perfect fit to fill the role of intelligent and objective interviewer/journalist. Again, maybe it's just the accent, but he seems like the kind of guy who will take the role - in lou of Larry King - very, very seriously.

I never watched Larry King that often - not that I watch TV, besides my favourite programs, very often - but he seems like the guy, who, if I was particularly interested in hearing what the person he was interviewing had to say, that I would want interviewing, on my behalf, that person.

Bad-Ass, Piers, Bad-Ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment