Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2

It's only the second day of the year, and I almost forgot to do this.

The Holiday Season has reminded me of one of my own personal limitations. One of the best definitions I've heard, to compare extroverts to introverts, is that extroverts recharge their batteries by going out and being social, while introverts recharge their batteries by staying in, while being alone.

The last few weeks have seen plenty of social gatherings, which is a good thing, especially after the last month of school I had before the winter break which had me pull two all-nighters, and kept me pretty secluded from friends. Many recent gatherings, including one today, and one again tomorrow, have centered around our nation's pride, Hockey, which I've enjoyed immensely [GO CANADA GO!], but, as always, I find myself feeling uneasy and exhausted if they're prolonged, and especially if they're on consecutive days or nights.

While always trying to better myself, I'm frustrated by this, and wonder if there's any process by which one can change, from feeling as though socially interacting is an expulsion of energy, to feeling as though spending time with friends, or even new people, is a means of receiving energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment