Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back on the Road

It was June 2006, and I fell in love. We'd go for drives, just for the sake of driving,... She was shiny and new. I remember pulling up to Willows Beach with her on our first time out, showing her off to everyone around. I was going to take great care of this one. I'll remember that honeymoon period forever. ..

...but eventually I didn't appreciate her as much as I should have. I'll admit it, I took, well, taking her for a spin, for granted. It wasn't long before her age started to show tho - she didn't shine as much when when I took her out on the town, and pretty soon all we had left to do together was to go to Wal-Mart.

But today we're reunited. My four-month breakup from my car didn't last, as I need it once again for my job, which will also allow me to afford her again. And even though I haven't taken it for a drive yet, I couldn't be more excited.

There's something special about having a car... it means freedom. Over the last couple of months I've come to realize that, and I hope for more than the next little while, that I'll appreciate it more than I did for the past several years. Victoria has a great transit system, and since the school year started, and especially since Dec.4th when I took my car off the road, I've gotten very, very acquainted with it, but there's nothing like having your own set of wheels.

On a final positive note, i found out today, that with 11 years of driving, I officially have the maximum discount on my car insurance possible. That doesn't hurt. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment