Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gift Cards

Several weeks ago, since I'm decidedly not working through this school year [that's about to change, but that's besides the point], I decided, since I'm poor, to cash in my collection of Air Miles for HBC Gift Cards. $150 worth. Not bad considering the only reason I have an AirMiles Card/Account is because I was sent one in the mail automatically for getting hired by Safeway back in 2006.

So, I had $150 to blow at any Zellers, Bay, or Home Outfitters. None of these place are my favourite to shop, so I wondered: can I buy gift certificates WITH gift certificates? The answer is yes - at Zellers anyway. Thought, rather than buying myself useless junk, I'd get gift cards for other places where I'm going to spend money anyways: Esso, and Cineplex, for buying gas and movie tickets in the future. After I bought the cards, I realized that Esso too probably sells gift cards - and the humorous thought occurred to me to challenge myself to see how many gift cards I could buy in succession from one store to another. Unfortunately, the fine print on the Esso card says it's good for everything in the store except cigarettes and gift cards. Shitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment