Monday, March 21, 2011

Wet, Muddy Gravel and Power-Naps.

Biked to school today - glad, but it was drizzling, and had been raining harder earlier, and I drove through a dirty construction zone, and so when i got to school my ass was covered in wet, muddy gravel.

Biking is still worth it, though.

Out-of-class is more busy than in-class time. Told a couple fellow students yesterday that being in class is more of a break than my free time: in class I can shut-off. I 'have' to be there, but my participation can be very minimal, so I often use this to my advantage: light meditation as rest, clear my mind of extraneous thoughts. Apparently if you meditate (well) a few times per day, you need less sleep. Often this is what people call 'power naps', which don't actually involve sleep, but 20 minutes of meditation. Maybe in a land where I have free time I should read more on meditation.

Here's a conundrum: Reading more about meditation so your mind can better get a grasp of, better understand, not needing to - letting go of the need to - understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment