Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dancing with the Classics

I'm having Deja-vu. It was sometime last school year: I was sitting in almost this exact spot in my family dining room, filled with stress, doing homework/studying. In the next room, my parents watching 'Dancing with the Stars', one of the worst shows in television for two reasons:
a) I can't stand Tom Bergeron's voice, and b) The fact that it's a dancing-competition show, where the point is to watch NOT the best dancers, who are only b-list celebrities trying to make a bigger name for themselves. Isn't the point of watching a fanfare-filled competition to watch the people best at something?

So here I was, in the Fall of 2009 - sitting, stressed, trying to do homework, and Tom Bergeron's nail-on-chalkboard voice was blaring from the next room. I had to escape. I plugged in headphones - no good, could still hear his self-parodying voice. Had to put something on that would help me concentrate.

It was then that I found Classical music via streaming web radio through iTunes, and loved it. I had never much liked Classical before, but I can only assume that, because it gave me so much value that night, that I came to like it. After the insaneness of my current load of homework was done, I downloaded a pile of Classical, and it now makes up the majority of the music on my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment