Thursday, March 3, 2011

Biking

Today I biked to school - University - for the first time this school year. Despite knowing it'll make me feel great, and it's faster than taking the bus, I could never bring myself to do it until today. Laziness.

So many benefits come from biking first thing in the morning it's ridiculous: More awake throughout the morning for class, calories burned, muscles worked, release of endorphins which make you happy and feel great, and -again- it's faster than taking the bus for me - about the same time as it takes to even walk to the bus stop to find out my local community bus is full.

Note, despite all these wonderful benefits, it's been hard getting myself to do it. Just goes to show how outdated, and strong, our conditioning is to *conserve energy*. Thanks, evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment