Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When Beauty > Brains

I`m procrastinating right now from studying. Three final quizzes/exams tomorrow.

Before studying I thought I'd go out and get my compulsory study energy drinks. Shoes, jacket, keys, out the door, and UMMM, what is that CAR doing parked DIRECTLY, square-on in front of our driveway?!

We live at the very end of a cul-de-sac, facing right up the road at the pinnacle of the round-about; our driveway is off-center facing the island in the center of the round-about, and down the road. Being on a round-section of road makes parking complicated, but generally all of us who live on the end of the street get along, and have formed some silent agreement over the years of who parks where most of the time. But there have been, over the years, still plenty of odd occurrences and weird parking jobs directly in front of our house that leave us scratching our heads, wondering what hick-part-of-town/the world people learned to drive. We'd had people just stop and park in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET many-a-times, and even had one person park with all 4 wheels on our lawn, even though there's a very distinct curb, and the lawn is quite well kept (though mossy).

So, when I come out of my house tonight, and it's dark and rainy, and there's a long station-wagon parked in front of and completely blocking our wide driveway, yet there's absolutely nobody parked immediately in front of this car, where one could rightfully park (in front of our lawn), no, this person decided to park right there as if on-purposely to block me, I was in almosta comical disbelief, with a little bit of spite.

I didn't really react in anger, because anger is lose-lose. Though, I've been told, and have begun to believe myself, that I'm generally too passive of a person - I don't take stand for my own rights enough, or stay firm on my own beliefs and personal boundaries enough of the time. In this case, I merely reacted in disbelief, and shook my head, wondering how stupid and inconsiderate this person was.

I immediately knew what house it belonged to, too. There's a student house behind my neighbour's house that apparently doesn't have enough spots to house the cars of all the young-hippie-twenty-somethings' vehicles, so we often have one of their vehicles parked in front of our house, albeit properly (usually). So, I took the walk down the dark, wet driveway of this house, knocked on the door, and the person who answered, who knew immediately who I must be and what I must be knocking at the door about, reminded me immensely of someone I used to know.

.. A girl I dated, the bitter ex of a friend of mine, a total of once. I didn't even get a good look at the girl tonight - but I didn't need to. It was obviously one of 'those girls' who's gotten by in life with pretty much everyone liking them, because of their looks and charm. They need to be liked though, and it's sort of 'out of their reality' that people won't respond to them positively. They constantly, though, need to re-affirm the fact that everyone must like them, so they'll do things like touch you on your arm, as if to re-gain trust in apology if they've said or done something to possibly make you think less of them. The thing is, if these people do ever encounter someone that doesn't like them (and shows it), and they don't see value in the person, they'll be both bitter in the short-term, but will have no problem moving on and completely ignoring the person forever. That's the thing about very attractive girls who can rightly assume that most everyone will like them: most people will, and if someone doesn't, she will have no problem moving on, because someone else will always come along much sooner than later and will give them the ego-feeding attention they want. As a consequence, they never really have a reason/opportunity to challenge their own reality, or grow as people. If they ever get into a conflict, usually there will be drama, but they'll never take it upon themselves to resolve the conflict with the person - they'll make the other person chase them, because they have so many options, and it feeds their ego: both the ability/opportunity to have new people like them just for their looks, but also to have people they already know try to get their attention back.

I got a little off-topic, and a bit reminiscent/spiteful, could you tell? :P ... So when this girl answered, she apologized profusely, and repeatedly. I simply turned around and started up the driveway - she almost chased after me after putting her shoes on, constantly talking and apologizing. No dice, I've met you before. She briefly spouts out something about 'only meaning to come inside for 2 seconds' (even then, why wouldn't you park properly, twat!!??); she needs my attention, and my approval to confirm her reality that everyone will immediately like her. It's not going to happen. I haven't seen more than her silhouette, but from what I can gather, she's hot, but not going to get it: my attention.

I get into my car, and drive off. Good, Colin, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment