Monday, February 28, 2011

On the Cusp

First day back at University after Reading break. Why is it that we humans take marked occasions, like special days, so start new and positive routines, or just to say we're going to start positive routines, when any time is just as good as the next. New Year's is the perfect Example. Why is January 1st any better of a time to start that healthy-eating regimen than March 7th? Today, though, I was and am on the cusp of two of said self-bettering regimens:

1) Riding my bike to University. Today was the day I was going to start - the sky was even on my side - I woke up to blue skies and sun coming through my window, which is very rare at this time of year in my city. I had literally pulled my bike out of the garage onto the driveway when I noticed the ridiculous amount of fresh frost on the driveway, and the ice still left on my street from last week's snowfall. So I decided to forgo the bike, for a day. Tomorrow we shall see if my, and my bike's, fate is different. I did get exercise on my way to school, though. Asshole bus driver let 7-8 people off the bus, but refused to let anyone on. Walked ~ >1km up the road to the university, and was late for class.

2) Doing my course readings. Sure, I didn't do any for today - and truth be told I haven't properly done any assigned readings on time this whole semester (but I know I'm not alone!). I don't even have the texts for today's classes, so I was ruled out from doing those readings from the get-go, but tomorrow is different. I have a chance to actually do my reading for my Indigenous Studies class. It would be a first. Come to think of it, if what I'm saying is that I'm on the cusp of starting to properly do my course readings, then I would need to also do my reading for Philosophy class - which is a given that it isn't going to happen... but I guess some is better than nothing at all.

So, tomorrow we shall see: Do I bike to school? Have I read the article on the Metis for my morning class? Only time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment