Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Debbie-Downer

I must admit that the biggest thing that annoys me about myself is that I tend to always bring to the table, as points of discussion or personal observation, things that are negative.

Heck, I even started off this blog post by talking about something that annoys me about myself! (oh, irony) -- though, I don't think I'm a fundamentally negative person. I'm generally in a good mood, I easily laugh at things - even when bad things happen to me, like when I hit every red light on the way down a long straight street, and I was even happy as a baby.

So why then do I do this - during moments of awkward conversational silence, the only things I can come up with to say are complaints. ARGH!!

I've heard of a peronal challenge that I ought to try: the 5-day positivity challenge. how it works: if ever you catch yourself thinking of, or beginning to dwell on, something less than positive, you must cut that thread of mental gibber-gabber off within 30 seconds. A great idea, except how does one NOT think of the giant, pink elephant? .. guess that comes down to one's technique of personal, mental distraction/diversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment