Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time Off.

I'm way behind on my blogging. Apparently having all the free time in the world hasn't allowed me motivation to fill in the 5 or 6 missing days in here.

Isn't that a funny thing: "time off". I have so many aspirations, and often find myself saying, or, more often thinking: "if only I had more time!".. which is usually followed by a lengthy list of often noble, lofty goals of self-improving or generally 'contributing' activities. I've had an animation project in the works, and more recently on the to-do shelf, for several months now, and it's my goal to start working on it heavily Saturday. I don't have an excuse for not getting going on it earlier this week - my week hasn't consisted of much more than sleeping, eating, watching hockey, and playing donkey kong and mario kart, but somehow I haven't found the time to squeeze in a few hours of animating.

.. Of course, I'm saying this in jest. It's good to laugh at yourself once in a while to keep yourself in check, else you run the risk of taking yourself too seriously [see: Donald Trump]. Earlier this week I actually downloaded a program to start learning how to speak Japanese. Talk about lofty. I think I just did it because it's been one of those things I've always thought of: "IF ONLY I didn't waste so much time, I could have learned to speak another language fluently by now, or I could have learned to play the guitar, or, or, or... " and the list goes on. And I [finally] did my 2009 taxes and mailed them today. 2010 taxes next - tomorrow looks to be an exciting day!

Aren't we humans hilarious? Talk about the benefits of having a life of relative leisure, where we can let our mind drift over the plethora of self-improving and/or productive possibilities for our leisure time, only for many/most of us - or maybe just me - to sit around like a useless house cat when we/I get time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment