Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cooling Off.

Yesterday (and today), I got pretty heated about the results of my indigenous studies class, in which I got a much lower mark than I deserved, and it caught me off guard. As my last post stated at the end, I got a response from Carmen, and it wasn't good. She's not going to change my mark. !#&*$%!!

What I want to write Carmen and say would likely no end well. I would likely get academic suspension for the things I could say to her. I want to write her a scathing email, and make it public - and let her know that I'm sending it to everyone else in the cohort. .. I talked to my mentor teacher and a few of my cohortees, and they strongly advised me against doing so.

I'm going to write Carmen back, and it's going to be sweet, but I also need to make sure it's diplomatic and rational, while still undercutting her utter lack of pedagogical forethought on the assignment in question. I'm going to need to take a few days to Cool Off...

No comments:

Post a Comment